Thursday, January 3, 2008

It is with a tremendous amount of humility that I find my words touching so many other people. I have merited having one of my articles published on the Arutz 7 opinion page.

Titled: Yes, I Live in Shiloh.

It can be viewed at: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/7662

This is almost the same article with which I started my Blog.

I wrote the following after reading 25 readers’ comments to the OpEd article:

Thank you all. It is truly an amazing experience seeing the broad range of feelings, emotions and thoughts that my words could evoke. This is my first published article.

I think it is important to state a few things, first, while I understand that there is an active Xtian readership on Arutz 7, my thoughts are directed to my fellow B’nai Yisroel.

Second; to all of you brothers and sisters living in Eretz Yisroel; Kol HaKavod.

To those of you who either have lived or are living in Shomron and Yehudah, the Biblical Heartland of this Land that G-D gave to our Father Abraham as an inheritance, I say that I am Jealous of the many daled amot that you have walked over the time that you have lived here. Jealous, because I am a newcomer.

You have the merit of having raised every day to day task from mundane to kedushah.

Third, while we cannot rely on miracles, we also cannot rely on the flesh and blood who march to their own drum beat.

Our challenge is to continue to get closer to G-D. To show him that we are serious about this gift that he has given Klal Yisroel. To embrace his Torah and with that his Gifts.

It is currently a Shimittah Year, in which, there are restrictions on how we may use the actual soil of this Holy Land. Those of us living here have the daily opportunity to be reminded of our connection to G-D with every meal we eat.

Brothers, sisters living Chutz L’Aretz, while I said that it is a truly amazing experience to view my readers’ comments, I think that I would prefer less words and more action on your part.

It is time to vote with your feet and do the deed of Aliyah. If you have what to say, then come home and say it here in Eretz Yisroel. Your words will be imbued with the Kedushah of the AIR of Eretz Yisroel.

ELAL reservations can be made at: http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/AllAboutYourFlight/PostFlight/OverseasOfficeEn3.htm

Delta reservations at: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/index.jsp

I am sure that you can get a Glatt Kosher meal on either airline.

Hillel Levin

AliyahToShiloh@gmail.com

http://aliyahtoshiloh.blogspot.com/


No comments: